Pursuing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PursuingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pursue
• PursueDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To proceed along, with a view to some and or object; to follow; to go in; as, Captain Cook pursued a new route; the administration pursued a wise course.
- (v. i.) To go on; to proceed, especially in argument or discourse; to continue.
- (v. t.) To follow with a view to overtake; to follow eagerly, or with haste; to chase; as, to pursue a hare.
- (v. t.) To seek; to use or adopt measures to obtain; as, to pursue a remedy at law.
- (v. t.) To follow with enmity; to persecute; to call to account.
- (v. t.) To prosecute; to be engaged in; to continue.
- (v. i.) To go in pursuit; to follow.
- (v. t.) To follow as an example; to imitate.
- (v. i.) To follow a matter judicially, as a complaining party; to act as a prosecutor.