Quant Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• QuantDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A punting pole with a broad flange near the end to prevent it from sinking into the mud; a setting pole.
• QuantitivelyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) So as to be measurable by quantity; quantitatively.
• QuantityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The attribute of being so much, and not more or less; the property of being measurable, or capable of increase and decrease, multiplication and division; greatness; and more concretely, that which answers the question "How much?"; measure in regard to bulk or amount; determinate or comparative dimensions; measure; amount; bulk; extent; size.
- (n.) The extent or extension of a general conception, that is, the number of species or individuals to which it may be applied; also, its content or comprehension, that is, the number of its constituent qualities, attributes, or relations.
- (n.) That which can be increased, diminished, or measured; especially (Math.), anything to which mathematical processes are applicable.
- (v. t.) To modify or qualify with respect to quantity; to fix or express the quantity of; to rate.
- (n.) The relative duration of a tone.
- (n.) A determinate or estimated amount; a sum or bulk; a certain portion or part; sometimes, a considerable amount; a large portion, bulk, or sum; as, a medicine taken in quantities, that is, in large quantities.
- (n.) The measure of a syllable; that which determines the time in which it is pronounced; as, the long or short quantity of a vowel or syllable.