Quarantining Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• QuarantiningDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Quarantine
• QuarantineDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Specifically, the term, originally of forty days, during which a ship arriving in port, and suspected of being infected a malignant contagious disease, is obliged to forbear all intercourse with the shore; hence, such restraint or inhibition of intercourse; also, the place where infected or prohibited vessels are stationed.
- (v. t.) To compel to remain at a distance, or in a given place, without intercourse, when suspected of having contagious disease; to put under, or in, quarantine.
- (n.) A space of forty days; -- used of Lent.
- (n.) The period of forty days during which the widow had the privilege of remaining in the mansion house of which her husband died seized.