Quartter Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• QuartterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To divide into four equal parts.
- (v. t.) To furnish with shelter or entertainment; to supply with the means of living for a time; especially, to furnish shelter to; as, to quarter soldiers.
- (v. t.) To furnish as a portion; to allot.
- (v. t.) To divide; to separate into parts or regions.
- (v. t.) To arrange (different coats of arms) upon one escutcheon, as when a man inherits from both father and mother the right to bear arms.