Rabbeting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RabbetingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Rabbet
• RabbetDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A longitudinal channel, groove, or recess cut out of the edge or face of any body; especially, one intended to receive another member, so as to break or cover the joint, or more easily to hold the members in place; thus, the groove cut for a panel, for a pane of glass, or for a door, is a rabbet, or rebate.
- (v. t.) To unite the edges of, as boards, etc., in a rabbet joint.
- (v. t.) To cut a rabbet in; to furnish with a rabbet.
- (n.) Same as Rabbet joint, below.