Racketing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RacketingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Racket
• RacketDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A scheme, dodge, trick, or the like; something taking place considered as exciting, trying, unusual, or the like; also, such occurrence considered as an ordeal; as, to work a racket; to stand upon the racket.
- (n.) A snowshoe formed of cords stretched across a long and narrow frame of light wood.
- (n.) A broad wooden shoe or patten for a man or horse, to enable him to step on marshy or soft ground.
- (n.) A carouse; any reckless dissipation.
- (v. t.) To strike with, or as with, a racket.
- (v. i.) To carouse or engage in dissipation.
- (v. i.) To engage in noisy sport; to frolic.
- (v. i.) To make a confused noise or racket.
- (n.) A thin strip of wood, having the ends brought together, forming a somewhat elliptical hoop, across which a network of catgut or cord is stretched. It is furnished with a handle, and is used for catching or striking a ball in tennis and similar games.
- (n.) Confused, clattering noise; din; noisy talk or sport.
- (n.) A variety of the game of tennis played with peculiar long-handled rackets; -- chiefly in the plural.