Radiant Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RadiantDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Emitted or transmitted by radiation; as, a radiant energy; radiant heat.
- (n.) A straight line proceeding from a given point, or fixed pole, about which it is conceived to revolve.
- (n.) The point in the heavens at which the apparent paths of shooting stars meet, when traced backward, or whence they appear to radiate.
- (n.) The luminous point or object from which light emanates; also, a body radiating light brightly.
- (a.) Giving off rays; -- said of a bearing; as, the sun radiant; a crown radiant.
- (a.) Emitting or proceeding as from a center; resembling rays; radiating; radiate.
- (a.) Having a raylike appearance, as the large marginal flowers of certain umbelliferous plants; -- said also of the cluster which has such marginal flowers.
- (a.) Beaming with vivacity and happiness; as, a radiant face.
- (a.) Especially, emitting or darting rays of light or heat; issuing in beams or rays; beaming with brightness; emitting a vivid light or splendor; as, the radiant sun.
• RadiantlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a radiant manner; with glittering splendor.
• Radiant engineDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A semiradial engine. See Radial engine, above.