Rebate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RebateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To abate; to withdraw.
- (n.) A rectangular longitudinal recess or groove, cut in the corner or edge of any body; a rabbet. See Rabbet.
- (n.) A piece of wood hafted into a long stick, and serving to beat out mortar.
- (n.) Deduction; abatement; as, a rebate of interest for immediate payment; a rebate of importation duties.
- (n.) An iron tool sharpened something like a chisel, and used for dressing and polishing wood.
- (v. t.) To cut a rebate in. See Rabbet, v.
- (v. t.) To beat to obtuseness; to deprive of keenness; to blunt; to turn back the point of, as a lance used for exercise.
- (n.) Diminution.
- (n.) A kind of hard freestone used in making pavements.
- (v. t.) To deduct from; to make a discount from, as interest due, or customs duties.
• RebatementDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Same as 3d Rebate.