Reduct Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ReductDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t..) To reduce.
• ReductionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) The correction of observations for known errors of instruments, etc.
- (v. t.) The bringing of a syllogism in one of the so-called imperfect modes into a mode in the first figure.
- (v. t.) The operation of restoring a dislocated or fractured part to its former place.
- (n.) The act or process of reducing. See Reduce, v. t., 6. and To reduce an equation, To reduce an expression, under Reduce, v. t.
- (v. t.) The process of making a copy of something, as a figure, design, or draught, on a smaller scale, preserving the proper proportions.
- (v. t.) The act, process, or result of reducing; as, the reduction of iron from its ores; the reduction of aldehyde from alcohol.
- (v. t.) The preparation of the facts and measurements of observations in order to deduce a general result.
- (n.) The act of reducing, or state of being reduced; conversion to a given state or condition; diminution; conquest; as, the reduction of a body to powder; the reduction of things to order; the reduction of the expenses of government; the reduction of a rebellious province.
• ReductiveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Tending to reduce; having the power or effect of reducing.
- (n.) A reductive agent.