Rep Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RepDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Formed with a surface closely corded, or ribbed transversely; -- applied to textile fabrics of silk or wool; as, rep silk.
- (n.) A fabric made of silk or wool, or of silk and wool, and having a transversely corded or ribbed surface.
• RepairDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Restoration to a sound or good state after decay, waste, injury, or partial restruction; supply of loss; reparation; as, materials are collected for the repair of a church or of a city.
- (v. i.) To return.
- (n.) Place to which one repairs; a haunt; a resort.
- (v. i.) To go; to betake ones self; to resort; ass, to repair to sanctuary for safety.
- (n.) Condition with respect to soundness, perfectness, etc.; as, a house in good, or bad, repair; the book is out of repair.
- (v. t.) To make amends for, as for an injury, by an equivalent; to indemnify for; as, to repair a loss or damage.
- (v. t.) To restore to a sound or good state after decay, injury, dilapidation, or partial destruction; to renew; to restore; to mend; as, to repair a house, a road, a shoe, or a ship; to repair a shattered fortune.
- (n.) The act of repairing or resorting to a place.
• Rep-silverDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Money anciently paid by servile tenants to their lord, in lieu of the customary service of reaping his corn or grain.