Residence Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ResidenceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The place where one resides; an abode; a dwelling or habitation; esp., a settled or permanent home or domicile.
- (n.) The residing of an incumbent on his benefice; -- opposed to nonresidence.
- (n.) Subsidence, as of a sediment.
- (n.) The act or fact of residing, abiding, or dwelling in a place for some continuance of time; as, the residence of an American in France or Italy for a year.
- (n.) That which falls to the bottom of liquors; sediment; also, refuse; residuum.
- (n.) The place where anything rests permanently.