Residue Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ResidueDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That which remains after a part is taken, separated, removed, or designated; remnant; remainder.
- (n.) Any positive or negative number that differs from a given number by a multiple of a given modulus; thus, if 7 is the modulus, and 9 the given number, the numbers -5, 2, 16, 23, etc., are residues.
- (n.) That part of a testeators estate wwhich is not disposed of in his will by particular and special legacies and devises, and which remains after payment of debts and legacies.
- (n.) That which remains of a molecule after the removal of a portion of its constituents; hence, an atom or group regarded as a portion of a molecule; -- used as nearly equivalent to radical, but in a more general sense.