Resist Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ResistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Something that resists or prevents a certain action;
- (n.) A substance applied to a surface, as of metal, to prevent the action on it of acid or other chemical agent.
- (v. t.) To be distasteful to.
- (v. i.) To make opposition.
- (v. t.) To counteract, as a force, by inertia or reaction.
- (v. t.) To stand against; to withstand; to obstruct.
- (n.) A substance used to prevent a color or mordant from fixing on those parts to which it has been applied, either by acting machanically in preventing the color, etc., from reaching the cloth, or chemically in changing the color so as to render it incapable of fixing itself in the fibers.. The pastes prepared for this purpose are called resist pastes.
- (v. t.) To strive against; to endeavor to counteract, defeat, or frustrate; to act in opposition to; to oppose.
• ResistibilityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n..) The quality of being resistant; resitstance.
- (n..) The quality of being resistible; resistibleness.
• ResistibleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Capable of being resisted; as, a resistible force.