Retracting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RetractingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Retract
• RetractDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To take back,, as a grant or favor previously bestowed; to revoke.
- (v. t.) To withdraw; to recall; to disavow; to recant; to take back; as, to retract an accusation or an assertion.
- (v. i.) To take back what has been said; to withdraw a concession or a declaration.
- (v. i.) To draw back; to draw up; as, muscles retract after amputation.
- (v. t.) To draw back; to draw up or shorten; as, the cat can retract its claws; to retract a muscle.
- (n.) The pricking of a horses foot in nailing on a shoe.