Revolt Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RevoltDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Hence, to be faithless; to desert one party or leader for another; especially, to renounce allegiance or subjection; to rise against a government; to rebel.
- (n.) To be disgusted, shocked, or grossly offended; hence, to feel nausea; -- with at; as, the stomach revolts at such food; his nature revolts at cruelty.
- (n.) A revolter.
- (v. t.) To do violence to; to cause to turn away or shrink with abhorrence; to shock; as, to revolt the feelings.
- (n.) To turn away; to abandon or reject something; specifically, to turn away, or shrink, with abhorrence.
- (n.) The act of revolting; an uprising against legitimate authority; especially, a renunciation of allegiance and subjection to a government; rebellion; as, the revolt of a province of the Roman empire.
- (v. t.) To cause to turn back; to roll or drive back; to put to flight.
• RevoltedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Revolt
• RevoltingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Revolt
- (a.) Causing abhorrence mixed with disgust; exciting extreme repugnance; loathsome; as, revolting cruelty.