Rhachises Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RhachisesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Rhachis
• RhachisDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The principal axis in a raceme, spike, panicle, or corymb.
- (n.) The shaft of a feather. The rhachis of the after-shaft, or plumule, is called the hyporhachis.
- (n.) The continued stem or midrib of a pinnately compound leaf, as in a rose leaf or a fern.
- (n.) A central cord of the ovary of nematodes.
- (n.) The median part of the radula of a mollusk.
- (n.) The spine.
- (n.) The central cord in the stem of a crinoid.