Rippled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RippledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Ripple
• RippleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) a small wave on the surface of water or other liquids for which the driving force is not gravity, but surface tension.
- (v. t.) To remove the seeds from (the stalks of flax, etc.), by means of a ripple.
- (v.) An implement, with teeth like those of a comb, for removing the seeds and seed vessels from flax, broom corn, etc.
- (v. i.) To become fretted or dimpled on the surface, as water when agitated or running over a rough bottom; to be covered with small waves or undulations, as a field of grain.
- (v. i.) To make a sound as of water running gently over a rough bottom, or the breaking of ripples on the shore.
- (v. t.) To fret or dimple, as the surface of running water; to cover with small waves or undulations; as, the breeze rippled the lake.
- (v. t.) Hence, to scratch or tear.
- (n.) A little wave or undulation; a sound such as is made by little waves; as, a ripple of laughter.
- (n.) the residual AC component in the DC current output from a rectifier, expressed as a percentage of the steady component of the current.
- (n.) The fretting or dimpling of the surface, as of running water; little curling waves.