Riveting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RivetingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of joining with rivets; the act of spreading out and clinching the end, as of a rivet, by beating or pressing.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Rivet
- (n.) The whole set of rivets, collectively.
• RivetDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To fasten with a rivet, or with rivets; as, to rivet two pieces of iron.
- (n.) A metallic pin with a head, used for uniting two plates or pieces of material together, by passing it through them and then beating or pressing down the point so that it shall spread out and form a second head; a pin or bolt headed or clinched at both ends.
- (v. t.) To spread out the end or point of, as of a metallic pin, rod, or bolt, by beating or pressing, so as to form a sort of head.
- (v. t.) Hence, to fasten firmly; to make firm, strong, or immovable; as, to rivet friendship or affection.