Roasted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RoastedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Roast
• RoastDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To dissipate by heat the volatile parts of, as ores.
- (v. t.) To banter severely.
- (v. i.) To cook meat, fish, etc., by heat, as before the fire or in an oven.
- (v. t.) To cook by exposure to radiant heat before a fire; as, to roast meat on a spit, or in an oven open toward the fire and having reflecting surfaces within; also, to cook in a close oven.
- (a.) Roasted; as, roast beef.
- (v. t.) To dry and parch by exposure to heat; as, to roast coffee; to roast chestnuts, or peanuts.
- (v. t.) To cook by surrounding with hot embers, ashes, sand, etc.; as, to roast a potato in ashes.
- (v. t.) Hence, to heat to excess; to heat violently; to burn.
- (v. i.) To undergo the process of being roasted.
- (n.) That which is roasted; a piece of meat which has been roasted, or is suitable for being roasted.