Rostrums Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RostrumsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Rostrum
• RostrumDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A pair of forceps of various kinds, having a beaklike form.
- (n.) The Beaks; the stage or platform in the forum where orations, pleadings, funeral harangues, etc., were delivered; -- so called because after the Latin war, it was adorned with the beaks of captured vessels; later, applied also to other platforms erected in Rome for the use of public orators.
- (n.) The anterior, often spinelike, prolongation of the carapace of a crustacean, as in the lobster and the prawn.
- (n.) The beak, or sucking mouth parts, of Hemiptera.
- (n.) Same as Rostellum.
- (n.) The pipe to convey the distilling liquor into its receiver in the common alembic.
- (n.) Hence, a stage for public speaking; the pulpit or platform occupied by an orator or public speaker.
- (n.) Any beaklike prolongation, esp. of the head of an animal, as the beak of birds.
- (n.) The snout of a gastropod mollusk. See Illust. of Littorina.
- (n.) The beak or head of a ship.