Roulette Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RouletteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make short incisions in with a roulette; to separate by incisions made with a roulette; as, to roulette a sheet of postage stamps.
- (n.) A small toothed wheel used to make short incisions in paper, as a sheet of postage stamps to facilitate their separation.
- (n.) the curve traced by any point in the plane of a given curve when the latter rolls, without sliding, over another fixed curve. See Cycloid, and Epycycloid.
- (n.) A similar wheel used to roughen the surface of a plate, as in making alterations in a mezzotint.
- (n.) A game of chance, in which a small ball is made to move round rapidly on a circle divided off into numbered red and black spaces, the one on which it stops indicating the result of a variety of wagers permitted by the game.
- (n.) A small toothed wheel used by engravers to roll over a plate in order to order to produce rows of dots.