Roust Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RoustDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To rouse; to disturb; as, to roust one out.
- (n.) A strong tide or current, especially in a narrow channel.
• RoustaboutDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A laborer, especially a deck hand, on a river steamboat, who moves the cargo, loads and unloads wood, and the like; in an opprobrious sense, a shiftless vagrant who lives by chance jobs.