Roved Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RovedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rove
• RoveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Reeve
- (v. t.) To draw through an eye or aperture.
- (v. t.) To wander over or through.
- (v. i.) To practice robbery on the seas; to wander about on the seas in piracy.
- (v. t.) To draw out into flakes; to card, as wool.
- (n.) The act of wandering; a ramble.
- (v. i.) Hence, to wander; to ramble; to rauge; to go, move, or pass without certain direction in any manner, by sailing, walking, riding, flying, or otherwise.
- (v. i.) To shoot at rovers; hence, to shoot at an angle of elevation, not at point-blank (rovers usually being beyond the point-blank range).
- (n.) A roll or sliver of wool or cotton drawn out and slighty twisted, preparatory to further process; a roving.
- (v. t.) To plow into ridges by turning the earth of two furrows together.
- (n.) A copper washer upon which the end of a nail is clinched in boat building.
- (v. t.) To twist slightly; to bring together, as slivers of wool or cotton, and twist slightly before spinning.