Ruined Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RuinedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Ruin
• RuinDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Such a change of anything as destroys it, or entirely defeats its object, or unfits it for use; destruction; overthrow; as, the ruin of a ship or an army; the ruin of a constitution or a government; the ruin of health or hopes.
- (n.) The act of falling or tumbling down; fall.
- (n.) That which promotes injury, decay, or destruction.
- (v. i.) To fall to ruins; to go to ruin; to become decayed or dilapidated; to perish.
- (n.) The state of being dcayed, or of having become ruined or worthless; as, to be in ruins; to go to ruin.
- (n.) That which is fallen down and become worthless from injury or decay; as, his mind is a ruin; especially, in the plural, the remains of a destroyed, dilapidated, or desolate house, fortress, city, or the like.
- (n.) To bring to ruin; to cause to fall to pieces and decay; to make to perish; to bring to destruction; to bring to poverty or bankruptcy; to impair seriously; to damage essentially; to overthrow.