Rush Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RushDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The merest trifle; a straw.
- (n.) A rusher; as, the center rush, whose place is in the center of the rush line; the end rush.
- (v. t.) To push or urge forward with impetuosity or violence; to hurry forward.
- (n.) Great activity with pressure; as, a rush of business.
- (n.) A name given to many aquatic or marsh-growing endogenous plants with soft, slender stems, as the species of Juncus and Scirpus.
- (v. i.) To move forward with impetuosity, violence, and tumultuous rapidity or haste; as, armies rush to battle; waters rush down a precipice.
- (n.) A perfect recitation.
- (n.) The act of running with the ball.
- (n.) A moving forward with rapidity and force or eagerness; a violent motion or course; as, a rush of troops; a rush of winds; a rush of water.
- (v. t.) To recite (a lesson) or pass (an examination) without an error.
- (v. i.) To enter into something with undue haste and eagerness, or without due deliberation and preparation; as, to rush business or speculation.
• Rush-bearingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A kind of rural festival at the dedication of a church, when the parishioners brought rushes to strew the church.
• RusherDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who rushes.
- (n.) One who strewed rushes on the floor at dances.