Rusted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RustedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rust
• RustDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The reddish yellow coating formed on iron when exposed to moist air, consisting of ferric oxide or hydroxide; hence, by extension, any metallic film of corrosion.
- (v. i.) To be affected with the parasitic fungus called rust; also, to acquire a rusty appearance, as plants.
- (n.) A minute mold or fungus forming reddish or rusty spots on the leaves and stems of cereal and other grasses (Trichobasis Rubigo-vera), now usually believed to be a form or condition of the corn mildew (Puccinia graminis). As rust, it has solitary reddish spores; as corn mildew, the spores are double and blackish.
- (n.) That which resembles rust in appearance or effects.
- (n.) Foul matter arising from degeneration; as, rust on salted meat.
- (v. i.) To degenerate in idleness; to become dull or impaired by inaction.
- (n.) A composition used in making a rust joint. See Rust joint, below.
- (v. t.) To cause to contract rust; to corrode with rust; to affect with rust of any kind.
- (v. t.) To impair by time and inactivity.
- (v. i.) To contract rust; to be or become oxidized.
- (n.) Corrosive or injurious accretion or influence.