Safe Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SafeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A place for keeping things in safety.
- (superl.) Free from harm, injury, or risk; untouched or unthreatened by danger or injury; unharmed; unhurt; secure; whole; as, safe from disease; safe from storms; safe from foes.
- (v. t.) To render safe; to make right.
- (superl.) Conferring safety; securing from harm; not exposing to danger; confining securely; to be relied upon; not dangerous; as, a safe harbor; a safe bridge, etc.
- (n.) A ventilated or refrigerated chest or closet for securing provisions from noxious animals or insects.
- (n.) A strong and fireproof receptacle (as a movable chest of steel, etc., or a closet or vault of brickwork) for containing money, valuable papers, or the like.
- (superl.) Incapable of doing harm; no longer dangerous; in secure care or custody; as, the prisoner is safe.
• Safe-conductDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To conduct safely; to give safe-conduct to.
- (n.) a convoy or guard to protect a person in an enemys country or a foreign country
- (n.) That which gives a safe passage
- (n.) a writing, pass, or warrant of security, given to a person to enable him to travel with safety.