Sailed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SailedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sail
• SailDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To move through or on the water; to swim, as a fish or a water fowl.
- (n.) A wing; a van.
- (n.) To set sail; to begin a voyage.
- (n.) A passage by a sailing vessel; a journey or excursion upon the water.
- (n.) To move smoothly through the air; to glide through the air without apparent exertion, as a bird.
- (n.) A sailing vessel; a vessel of any kind; a craft.
- (n.) An extent of canvas or other fabric by means of which the wind is made serviceable as a power for propelling vessels through the water.
- (v. t.) To direct or manage the motion of, as a vessel; as, to sail ones own ship.
- (n.) The extended surface of the arm of a windmill.
- (n.) Anything resembling a sail, or regarded as a sail.
- (n.) To be conveyed in a vessel on water; to pass by water; as, they sailed from London to Canton.
- (v. t.) To pass or move upon, as in a ship, by means of sails; hence, to move or journey upon (the water) by means of steam or other force.
- (n.) To be impelled or driven forward by the action of wind upon sails, as a ship on water; to be impelled on a body of water by the action of steam or other power.
- (v. t.) To fly through; to glide or move smoothly through.