Sanctuaries Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SanctuariesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Sanctuary
• SanctuaryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A sacred place; a consecrated spot; a holy and inviolable site.
- (n.) The most retired part of the temple at Jerusalem, called the Holy of Holies, in which was kept the ark of the covenant, and into which no person was permitted to enter except the high priest, and he only once a year, to intercede for the people; also, the most sacred part of the tabernacle; also, the temple at Jerusalem.
- (n.) A house consecrated to the worship of God; a place where divine service is performed; a church, temple, or other place of worship.
- (n.) A sacred and inviolable asylum; a place of refuge and protection; shelter; refuge; protection.
- (n.) The most sacred part of any religious building, esp. that part of a Christian church in which the altar is placed.