Sap Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SapDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A narrow ditch or trench made from the foremost parallel toward the glacis or covert way of a besieged place by digging under cover of gabions, etc.
- (v. i.) To proceed by mining, or by secretly undermining; to execute saps.
- (n.) A simpleton; a saphead; a milksop.
- (v. t.) To make unstable or infirm; to unsettle; to weaken.
- (v. t.) To pierce with saps.
- (n.) The sapwood, or alburnum, of a tree.
- (v. t.) To subvert by digging or wearing away; to mine; to undermine; to destroy the foundation of.
- (n.) The juice of plants of any kind, especially the ascending and descending juices or circulating fluid essential to nutrition.
• SaphenousDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Manifest; -- applied to the two principal superficial veins of the lower limb of man.
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or in the region of, the saphenous veins; as, the saphenous nerves; the saphenous opening, an opening in the broad fascia of the thigh through which the internal saphenous vein passes.