Sashing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SashingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sash
• SashDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) In a sawmill, the rectangular frame in which the saw is strained and by which it is carried up and down with a reciprocating motion; -- also called gate.
- (v. t.) To adorn with a sash or scarf.
- (n.) The framing in which the panes of glass are set in a glazed window or door, including the narrow bars between the panes.
- (n.) A scarf or band worn about the waist, over the shoulder, or otherwise; a belt; a girdle, -- worn by women and children as an ornament; also worn as a badge of distinction by military officers, members of societies, etc.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a sash or sashes; as, to sash a door or a window.