Saving Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SavingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (participle) With the exception of; except; excepting; also, without disrespect to.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Save
- (a.) Preserving; rescuing.
- (a.) Making reservation or exception; as, a saving clause.
- (n.) Something kept from being expended or lost; that which is saved or laid up; as, the savings of years of economy.
- (n.) Exception; reservation.
- (a.) Bringing back in returns or in receipts the sum expended; incurring no loss, though not gainful; as, a saving bargain; the ship has made a saving voyage.
- (a.) Avoiding unnecessary expense or waste; frugal; not lavish or wasteful; economical; as, a saving cook.
• SaveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The herb sage, or salvia.
- (a.) To keep from being spent or lost; to secure from waste or expenditure; to lay up; to reserve.
- (conj.) Except; unless.
- (a.) To hinder from doing, suffering, or happening; to obviate the necessity of; to prevent; to spare.
- (a.) To hold possession or use of; to escape loss of.
- (a.) Specifically, to deliver from sin and its penalty; to rescue from a state of condemnation and spiritual death, and bring into a state of spiritual life.
- (v. i.) To avoid unnecessary expense or expenditure; to prevent waste; to be economical.
- (a.) Except; excepting; not including; leaving out; deducting; reserving; saving.
- (a.) To make safe; to procure the safety of; to preserve from injury, destruction, or evil of any kind; to rescue from impending danger; as, to save a house from the flames.
- (a.) To rescue from something undesirable or hurtful; to prevent from doing something; to spare.
• SavinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) So as to be finally saved from eternal death.
- (adv.) In a saving manner; with frugality or parsimony.
• SavingnessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Tendency to promote salvation.
- (n.) The quality of being saving; carefulness not to expend money uselessly; frugality; parsimony.