Scarfs Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScarfsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Scarf
• ScarfDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A cormorant.
- (v. t.) To form a scarf on the end or edge of, as for a joint in timber, metal rods, etc.
- (n.) A scarf joint.
- (v. t.) To unite, as two pieces of timber or metal, by a scarf joint.
- (n.) An article of dress of a light and decorative character, worn loosely over the shoulders or about the neck or the waist; a light shawl or handkerchief for the neck; also, a cravat; a neckcloth.
- (v. t.) To dress with a scarf, or as with a scarf; to cover with a loose wrapping.
- (n.) In a piece which is to be united to another by a scarf joint, the part of the end or edge that is tapered off, rabbeted, or notched so as to be thinner than the rest of the piece.
- (v. t.) To throw on loosely; to put on like a scarf.
• ScarfskinDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Epidermis.