Scavenging Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScavengingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Act or process of expelling the exhaust gases from the cylinder by some special means, as, in many four-cycle engines, by utilizing the momentum of the exhaust gases in a long exhaust pipe.
• ScavengeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To remove (burned gases) from the cylinder after a working stroke.
- (v. i.) To remove the burned gases from the cylinder after a working stroke; as, this engine does not scavenge well.
- (v. t.) To cleanse, as streets, from filth.