Scent Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To hunt animals by means of the sense of smell.
- (v. t.) To imbue or fill with odor; to perfume.
- (n.) That which, issuing from a body, affects the olfactory organs of animals; odor; smell; as, the scent of an orange, or of a rose; the scent of musk.
- (n.) The power of smelling; the sense of smell; as, a hound of nice scent; to divert the scent.
- (v. t.) To perceive by the olfactory organs; to smell; as, to scent game, as a hound does.
- (v. i.) To have a smell.
- (n.) Specifically, the odor left by an animal on the ground in passing over it; as, dogs find or lose the scent; hence, course of pursuit; track of discovery.
• ScentinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) By scent.
• ScentedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scent