Scholastic Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScholasticDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who adheres to the method or subtilties of the schools.
- (a.) Hence, characterized by excessive subtilty, or needlessly minute subdivisions; pedantic; formal.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the schoolmen and divines of the Middle Ages (see Schoolman); as, scholastic divinity or theology; scholastic philosophy.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or suiting, a scholar, a school, or schools; scholarlike; as, scholastic manners or pride; scholastic learning.
- (n.) See the Note under Jesuit.
• ScholasticallyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a scholastic manner.