Scorched Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScorchedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scorch
• ScorchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To ride or drive at great, usually at excessive, speed; -- applied chiefly to automobilists and bicyclists. [Colloq.]
- (v. t.) To burn superficially; to parch, or shrivel, the surface of, by heat; to subject to so much heat as changes color and texture without consuming; as, to scorch linen.
- (v. t.) To burn; to destroy by, or as by, fire.
- (v. i.) To burn or be burnt.
- (v. i.) To be burnt on the surface; to be parched; to be dried up.
- (v. t.) To affect painfully with heat, or as with heat; to dry up with heat; to affect as by heat.