Scumbling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScumblingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The color so laid on. Also used figuratively.
- (n.) In crayon drawing, the use of the stump.
- (n.) A mode of obtaining a softened effect, in painting and drawing, by the application of a thin layer of opaque color to the surface of a painting, or part of the surface, which is too bright in color, or which requires harmonizing.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Scumble
• ScumbleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cover lighty, as a painting, or a drawing, with a thin wash of opaque color, or with color-crayon dust rubbed on with the stump, or to make any similar additions to the work, so as to produce a softened effect.