Second Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SecondDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) To follow in the next place; to succeed; to alternate.
- (a.) Immediately following the first; next to the first in order of place or time; hence, occuring again; another; other.
- (a.) Specifically, to support, as a motion or proposal, by adding ones voice to that of the mover or proposer.
- (n.) One who, or that which, follows, or comes after; one next and inferior in place, time, rank, importance, excellence, or power.
- (a.) In the duodecimal system of mensuration, the twelfth part of an inch or prime; a line. See Inch, and Prime, n., 8.
- (a.) To follow or attend for the purpose of assisting; to support; to back; to act as the second of; to assist; to forward; to encourage.
- (n.) One who follows or attends another for his support and aid; a backer; an assistant; specifically, one who acts as anothers aid in a duel.
- (a.) Being of the same kind as another that has preceded; another, like a protype; as, a second Cato; a second Troy; a second deluge.
- (a.) The sixtieth part of a minute of time or of a minute of space, that is, the second regular subdivision of the degree; as, sound moves about 1,140 English feet in a second; five minutes and ten seconds north of this place.
- (n.) Aid; assistance; help.
- (n.) An article of merchandise of a grade inferior to the best; esp., a coarse or inferior kind of flour.
- (n.) The second part in a concerted piece; -- often popularly applied to the alto.
- (a.) Next to the first in value, power, excellence, dignity, or rank; secondary; subordinate; inferior.
- (n.) The interval between any tone and the tone which is represented on the degree of the staff next above it.
• Second-sightDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The power of discerning what is not visible to the physical eye, or of foreseeing future events, esp. such as are of a disastrous kind; the capacity of a seer; prophetic vision.
• SecondoDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The second part in a concerted piece.