Secondaries Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SecondariesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Secondary
• SecondaryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Possessing some quality, or having been subject to some operation (as substitution), in the second degree; as, a secondary salt, a secondary amine, etc. Cf. primary.
- (n.) A secondary quill.
- (a.) Acting by deputation or delegated authority; as, the work of secondary hands.
- (a.) Dependent or consequent upon another disease; as, Brights disease is often secondary to scarlet fever. (b) Occuring in the second stage of a disease; as, the secondary symptoms of syphilis.
- (a.) Subsequent in origin; -- said of minerals produced by alteertion or deposition subsequent to the formation of the original rocks mass; also of characters of minerals (as secondary cleavage, etc.) developed by pressure or other causes.
- (n.) A satellite.
- (a.) Pertaining to the second joint of the wing of a bird.
- (a.) Suceeding next in order to the first; of second place, origin, rank, rank, etc.; not primary; subordinate; not of the first order or rate.
- (n.) A secondary circle.
- (n.) One who occupies a subordinate, inferior, or auxiliary place; a delegate deputy; one who is second or next to the chief officer; as, the secondary, or undersheriff of the city of London.