Secretary Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SecretaryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A piece of furniture, with conveniences for writing and for the arrangement of papers; an escritoire.
- (n.) The secretary bird.
- (n.) A person employed to write orders, letters, dispatches, public or private papers, records, and the like; an official scribe, amanuensis, or writer; one who attends to correspondence, and transacts other business, for an association, a public body, or an individual.
- (n.) An officer of state whose business is to superintend and manage the affairs of a particular department of government, and who is usually a member of the cabinet or advisory council of the chief executive; as, the secretary of state, who conducts the correspondence and attends to the relations of a government with foreign courts; the secretary of the treasury, who manages the department of finance; the secretary of war, etc.
- (n.) One who keeps, or is intrusted with, secrets.
• SecretaryshipDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The office, or the term of office, of a secretary.