Securing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SecuringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Secure
• SecureDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make safe; to relieve from apprehensions of, or exposure to, danger; to guard; to protect.
- (v. t.) To put beyond hazard of losing or of not receiving; to make certain; to assure; to insure; -- frequently with against or from, rarely with of; as, to secure a creditor against loss; to secure a debt by a mortgage.
- (v. t.) To make fast; to close or confine effectually; to render incapable of getting loose or escaping; as, to secure a prisoner; to secure a door, or the hatches of a ship.
- (a.) Overconfident; incautious; careless; -- in a bad sense.
- (v. t.) To get possession of; to make ones self secure of; to acquire certainly; as, to secure an estate.
- (a.) Free from fear, care, or anxiety; easy in mind; not feeling suspicion or distrust; confident.
- (a.) Confident in opinion; not entertaining, or not having reason to entertain, doubt; certain; sure; -- commonly with of; as, secure of a welcome.
- (a.) Net exposed to danger; safe; -- applied to persons and things, and followed by against or from.