Security Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SecurityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Freedom from risk; safety.
- (n.) One who becomes surety for another, or engages himself for the performance of anothers obligation.
- (n.) Something given, deposited, or pledged, to make certain the fulfillment of an obligation, the performance of a contract, the payment of a debt, or the like; surety; pledge.
- (n.) That which secures or makes safe; protection; guard; defense.
- (n.) The condition or quality of being secure; secureness.
- (n.) Freedom from apprehension, anxiety, or care; confidence of power of safety; hence, assurance; certainty.
- (n.) Hence, carelessness; negligence; heedlessness.
- (n.) An evidence of debt or of property, as a bond, a certificate of stock, etc.; as, government securities.