Senate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SenateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The upper and less numerous branch of a legislature in various countries, as in France, in the United States, in most of the separate States of the United States, and in some Swiss cantons.
- (n.) The governing body of the Universities of Cambridge and London.
- (n.) An assembly or council having the highest deliberative and legislative functions.
- (n.) In general, a legislative body; a state council; the legislative department of government.
- (n.) A body of elders appointed or elected from among the nobles of the nation, and having supreme legislative authority.
- (n.) In some American colleges, a council of elected students, presided over by the president of the college, to which are referred cases of discipline and matters of general concern affecting the students.