Sentence Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SentenceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To pass or pronounce judgment upon; to doom; to condemn to punishment; to prescribe the punishment of.
- (n.) In civil and admiralty law, the judgment of a court pronounced in a cause; in criminal and ecclesiastical courts, a judgment passed on a criminal by a court or judge; condemnation pronounced by a judgical tribunal; doom. In common law, the term is exclusively used to denote the judgment in criminal cases.
- (n.) A philosophical or theological opinion; a dogma; as, Summary of the Sentences; Book of the Sentences.
- (n.) A combination of words which is complete as expressing a thought, and in writing is marked at the close by a period, or full point. See Proposition, 4.
- (v. t.) To decree or announce as a sentence.
- (n.) An opinion; a decision; a determination; a judgment, especially one of an unfavorable nature.
- (n.) A short saying, usually containing moral instruction; a maxim; an axiom; a saw.
- (n.) Sense; meaning; significance.
- (v. t.) To utter sententiously.
• SentencedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sentence