Serpentine Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SerpentineDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Resembling a serpent; having the shape or qualities of a serpent; subtle; winding or turning one way and the other, like a moving serpent; anfractuous; meandering; sinuous; zigzag; as, serpentine braid.
- (v. i.) To serpentize.
- (n.) A mineral or rock consisting chiefly of the hydrous silicate of magnesia. It is usually of an obscure green color, often with a spotted or mottled appearance resembling a serpents skin. Precious, or noble, serpentine is translucent and of a rich oil-green color.
- (n.) A kind of ancient cannon.
• SerpentinelyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a serpentine manner.