Setting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SettingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of marking the position of game, as a setter does; also, hunting with a setter.
- (n.) Something set in, or inserted.
- (n.) The act of one who, or that which, sets; as, the setting of type, or of gems; the setting of the sun; the setting (hardening) of moist plaster of Paris; the setting (set) of a current.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Set
- (n.) That in which something, as a gem, is set; as, the gold setting of a jeweled pin.
• SettDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Set, n., 2 (e) and 3.
• Setting-up exerciseDefinition & Meaning in English
- () Any one of a series of gymnastic exercises used, as in drilling recruits, for the purpose of giving an erect carriage, supple muscles, and an easy control of the limbs.