Sharpen Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SharpenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) To raise, as a sound, by means of a sharp; to apply a sharp to.
- (a.) To make sharp.
- (a.) To make more eager; as, to sharpen mens desires.
- (a.) To render more shrill or piercing.
- (v. i.) To grow or become sharp.
- (a.) To render more quick or acute in perception; to make more ready or ingenious.
- (a.) To make biting, sarcastic, or severe.
- (a.) To make more tart or acid; to make sour; as, the rays of the sun sharpen vinegar.
- (a.) To give a keen edge or fine point to; to make sharper; as, to sharpen an ax, or the teeth of a saw.
- (a.) To make more pungent and intense; as, to sharpen a pain or disease.
• SharpeningDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sharpen