Showing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ShowingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Presentation of facts; statement.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Show
- (n.) Appearance; display; exhibition.
• ShowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make apparent or clear, as by evidence, testimony, or reasoning; to prove; to explain; also, to manifest; to evince; as, to show the truth of a statement; to show the causes of an event.
- (v. i.) To exhibit or manifest ones self or itself; to appear; to look; to be in appearance; to seem.
- (n.) A pale blue flame, at the top of a candle flame, indicating the presence of fire damp.
- (n.) A discharge, from the vagina, of mucus streaked with blood, occuring a short time before labor.
- (v. t.) Specifically, to make known the way to (a person); hence, to direct; to guide; to asher; to conduct; as, to show a person into a parlor; to show one to the door.
- (v. t.) To exhibit or present to view; to place in sight; to display; -- the thing exhibited being the object, and often with an indirect object denoting the person or thing seeing or beholding; as, to show a house; show your colors; shopkeepers show customers goods (show goods to customers).
- (n.) The act of showing, or bringing to view; exposure to sight; exhibition.
- (n.) That which os shown, or brought to view; that which is arranged to be seen; a spectacle; an exhibition; as, a traveling show; a cattle show.
- (v. i.) To have a certain appearance, as well or ill, fit or unfit; to become or suit; to appear.
- (n.) False semblance; deceitful appearance; pretense.
- (v. t.) To bestow; to confer; to afford; as, to show favor.
- (n.) Semblance; likeness; appearance.
- (v. t.) To exhibit to the mental view; to tell; to disclose; to reveal; to make known; as, to show ones designs.
- (n.) Proud or ostentatious display; parade; pomp.