Shrouding Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ShroudingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Shroud
- (n.) The shrouds. See Shroud, n., 7.
• ShroudDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To cover, as with a shroud; to protect completely; to cover so as to conceal; to hide; to veil.
- (n.) The branching top of a tree; foliage.
- (n.) A covered place used as a retreat or shelter, as a cave or den; also, a vault or crypt.
- (n.) To cover with a shroud; especially, to inclose in a winding sheet; to dress for the grave.
- (v. t.) To lop. See Shrood.
- (n.) That which covers or shelters like a shroud.
- (n.) That which clothes, covers, conceals, or protects; a garment.
- (n.) A set of ropes serving as stays to support the masts. The lower shrouds are secured to the sides of vessels by heavy iron bolts and are passed around the head of the lower masts.
- (v. i.) To take shelter or harbor.
- (n.) Especially, the dress for the dead; a winding sheet.
- (n.) One of the two annular plates at the periphery of a water wheel, which form the sides of the buckets; a shroud plate.